01 09 10

3/05/2014

Kagawa hoping to play his way back into Moyes' plans

 

Shinji Kagawa is aiming to impress for Japan in their friendly against New Zealand in a bid to force himself into Manchester United manager David Moyes' plans.


The Japan international has struggled for form and playing time under Moyes this season, but the 24 year-old is determined to use the World Cup warm-up fixture to prove he can return to his best.

The former Borussia Dortmund star has only started seven of United's 27 Premier League games this term, and has yet to score a goal.

 

"Of course it is important for a player to continue getting games, but there is not much I can do about my situation," Kagawa told the Japan Times.

"It is something that I won't be able to gain unless I am delivering results.

"I can't change the situation I'm in, so to I want to turn it into something positive and do well (on Wednesday)."