01 09 10

1/14/2014

Man Utd to make renewed approach for Ander Herrera



Manchester United are reportedly ready to make a renewed approach for Athletic Bilbao midfielder Ander Herrera.

United had been prepared to trigger the €36million buy-out clause in Herrera's contract on transfer deadline day last summer, but the deal was affected by "bureaucratic" problems just hours before the window closed on September 2nd.

However, according to AS, David Moyes, who was at Juventus' Serie A game with Cagliari on Sunday, leading to reports linking United with a number of players involved in the game, is keen on returning with a fresh bid for the 24-year-old.

According to the report coming out of Spain, the Red Devils are again prepared to meet Herrera's release clause as Moyes looks to strengthen his midfield.

Whether the playmaker will be open to a move to Old Trafford, this month, however, remains to be seen.

Speaking before Christmas, Herrera said he appreciated Moyes' interest in him, but indicated that he does not intend to seek a move away from Bilbao.

"I appreciate both Manchester United’s interest in me and the fact that I am considered so important to Athletic that they did not accept any bid for me," Herrera told Canal+ in Spain.

"That means that Athletic values me above money and trust in me more than money for our current project.

"I’m right where I want to be. I’m not a player who wants to change teams, I’ve taken root at Athletic and it is the perfect place for me to be."