01 09 10

3/17/2014

You deserve better! Juan Mata apologises to Man Utd fans for Liverpool defeat

 Juan Mata apologised for Manchester United s performance

JUAN MATA has admitted he was "mad" he was unable to produce a good performance for Manchester United during their defeat to Liverpool.

The Spaniard was largely on the periphery as United saw their flickering Champions League hopes dissipate during a 3-0 loss at Old Trafford yesterday.

Some fans vented their dismay at the final whistle and Mata admitted he was disappointed the United players failed to perform.

"There are no words to describe your support in the stadium," Mata wrote in his personal online blog.

"In games like yesterday it makes me mad not being able to give you what you deserve.

"I know there is nothing I can say right now but at least I want you to know how I feel."

Though United's woes have been brought into sharp focus by Liverpool's stunning season, Mata is convinced the Red Devils will ride out the storm.

 Juan Mata, Manchester United, MUFC, Red Devils, Liverpool, LFC

"The storm will pass and the sun will rise again. I have no doubt," Mata added.

"Besides, no one said this would be easy but this is football. It gives you fantastic moments but also very hard times you have to cope with, when you have to show pride and professionalism until the end.

"And when all this is gone I'm sure I will be a more mature footballer."