01 09 10

2/04/2014

'Several Manchester United players want out in summer,' claims Anderson

Anderson
Anderson has claimed a number of Man Utd players "want out" in the summer, with the midfielder, who is on loan at Fiorentina, stating they may want a fresh challenge.
Anderson only joined the Italian club last month on a temporary basis but said he was there for the long term. The Brazilian signed from Porto in 2007 together with Nani, who the 25-year-old named as one who may depart in the close season. 
The futures of several senior players including Nemanja Vidic, the captain, Patrice Evra, and Rio Ferdinand are also in the balance. "I am sure that lots of players want out," Anderson said. "Especially people like myself and Nani, who have been in Manchester for seven or eight years. Manchester United is a huge club, a club that does everything for its players, but sometimes a footballer wants to leave just to experience a different way to play football and to learn something as well."
He signalled his intent to make the move permanent. "Playing in Manchester was great, it is a prestigious club with a lot of history. But I was there for seven or eight years and I want to show Fiorentina my quality and fight for a spot in the starting line-up," Anderson said. "I thank all Manchester United fans for their love but I'm here to stay."